The Watcher Files

Monday, December 05, 2005

Starting January 1, 2006 Reality Radio Network will no longer allow hosts to have listener call-in type shows.

Actually I am the only host that carries that type of format now, but that will come to a stop on January 1st because the network is tired of getting phone calls all hours of the day and night for me there. Apparently people think the listener call-in number is my personal home number.

So that puts me in a dilemma. I love the format of having call-ins and talking to listeners. I could just take listener instant messages and emails during the show and answer their questions that way, or just get rid of the show altogether and tape a message once a week and put that on my websites for people to listen to. I'm leaning in that direction. It would be much easier for me than having to prepare to talk for 60 or 90 minutes a week without listener interaction.

I'm not interested in a guest-oriented type show. There's plenty of those already. Daniel Ott has a great show on Saturday nights at http://www.theedgeam.com and there's Coast to Coast as well.

So that's what I'm leaning toward folks, just ending the show and taping weekly messages to put on my sites.

I'll listen to feedback on it, I haven't made a final decision yet.

No comments: